The Feerick Center for Social Justice is seeking volunteers!
The Feerick Center for Social Justice is seeking volunteers for a range of programs this spring and summer. They include:
- The Volunteer Lawyers for Veterans Project trains and places volunteers in a variety of limited-scope opportunities, including conducting know-your-rights presentations and participating in legal clinics. Current topics are focusing on consumer debt issues and VA benefits. For more information, contact Kaitlyn Filzer at email@example.com or at 646-312-8725.
- The New York State Unified Court System’s Attorney Emeritus Program (AEP): For volunteers 55 years and older, with 10 years of experience, and in good standing. Volunteer opportunities for civil pro bono are with approved AEP host organizations and court-sponsored volunteer programs. For more information, contact Cora Vasserman at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-930-8871.
- The center’s LEEAP Education Project, which recruits, trains, and places volunteers with community- and school-based programs to assist low-income students and families with the complicated NYC public high school admissions process. For more information, contact Azalea Capers at email@example.com or at 212-636-6894.
- A service trip to volunteer through the Dilley Pro Bono Project to provide limited-scope assistance to asylum-seekers detained at the nation’s largest family detention center in Texas from June 22 to June 29, 2019. The center is looking for Spanish-speaking volunteers and interpreters. For more information, contact Dora Galacatos at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-636-7747.
- The center’s Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island CLARO programs, which provide limited-scope legal assistance to New Yorkers in need on consumer debt collection issues. For more information, contact Julia Cummings at email@example.com or at 212-636-6222.