Law360’s annual Rising Stars list recognizes “175 attorneys under 40 whose legal accomplishments transcend their age.” The publication’s editorial team reviewed 1,300 submissions and selected the stars based on their career accomplishments in their respective disciplines. This year, a group of talented Fordham Law school alums occupy seven of the elite spots. The only other law schools in the nation with more “rising stars” than Fordham Law were Harvard Law, Stanford Law, and Columbia Law.
The Fordham Law alums selected for the honor practice in a wide array of areas, including sports and betting law, securities litigation and arbitration, cybersecurity and privacy law, and aviation litigation.
“We’re proud of these young alums. The common thread is that all the young lawyers on this list are coming to their firms professionally prepared and ready to make a meaningful contribution,” said Dean Matthew Diller of Fordham Law School. “They are helping their clients through their sound judgment, leadership ability, and their commitment to integrity and professionalism.”
The following Fordham Law alumni are 2019 Law360 Rising Stars:
- Cédric Burton LL.M. ’07, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
- Sarah Passeri ’08, Holland & Knight
- Eric Rothman ’07, Arnold & Porter
- Richard Rubano ’07, DLA Piper
- Marisa Sotomayor ’07, Paul Hastings LLP
- Adam Summers ’06, Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Ellyde Thompson ’08, Quinn Emanuel