Feerick Center Volunteer Information Session
The Feerick Center for Social Justice invites alumni to attend a Volunteer Information Session to learn about the Center’s diverse opportunities with our legal and community partners, including:
- The NYS Attorney Emeritus Program (connecting senior attorneys with civil legal pro bono opportunities)
- The Consumer Legal Advice and Resource Office (CLARO) Programs (participating in limited-scope clinics for unrepresented defendants with consumer debt issues)
- Constitutional Law Debate Coaching (working with Legal Outreach to coach high school students in a legal debate program)
- The Dilley Pro Bono Project (joining service trips to the border to provide legal assistance to detained asylum-seeking women with children)
- The LEEAP Ed. Project (assisting families and students with NYC’s complicated public high school admissions process)
- The Volunteer Lawyers for Veterans Program (providing legal information and assistance to low-income veterans on civil issues).
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Fordham Law School
Moot Court Room | 1st Floor
Click here to register for the Volunteer Information Session.
Feerick Center Friend Raiser
Join the Feerick Center for Social Justice at the 2020 Friend Raiser to celebrate Fordham Law students, Fordham Law School staff, volunteer alumni, translators, and other immigration advocate volunteers for their work with the Dilley Pro Bono Project to assist detained asylum-seeking women with children fighting expedited deportation.
The Friend Raiser is our fundraising drive to cover the costs of the five service trips scheduled for 2020. Join us to hear first-hand accounts of our volunteers’ experiences at the nation’s largest immigration detention center, the South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley, Texas, and learn about the impact of our work.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Bateman Room | 2nd Floor
For more information about this event, please contact Dora Galacatos, Feerick Center for Social Justice Executive Director, at email@example.com, or Rick Turk, Senior Director of Development at Fordham Law School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates and happenings for all Centers and Institutes, visit Centers and Institutes.