Season One, Episode Three–An interview with Tiffany Hall, Founder of Empower Cocktails, who has worked to create a female-focused brand in a mancentric marketplace.
Episode Description: Professor Bernice Grant (Senior Director of the Entrepreneurial Law Program and Founding Director of the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at Fordham University School of Law) interviews Tiffany Hall (Fordham Law ‘08). Tiffany is the Founder of Empower Cocktails, and shares some of the key legal lessons she has learned along her path to success, including protecting intellectual property, regulatory compliance, contracts, and the importance of a lawyer in the process.
- [:37] Bernice Grant introduces Tiffany Hall, founder of Empower Cocktails.
- [2:02] Hall’s entrepreneurial journey and her motivation behind the female empowerment theme of her brand.
- [5:24] Considerations in the process of patents, trademarks, registration, and marketing a brand.
- [9:01] Key takeaways regarding regulatory compliance and the importance of contracts and lawyers.
- [12:47] Hall’s experience with financing a startup enterprise.
- [18:08] Partnering with nonprofits that champion women’s initiatives.
- [20:30] Why you need a lawyer and why you need to be willing to negotiate.
- [22:02] Nurturing an entrepreneurial spirit, turning failure into success, and a few of Hall’s favorite inspirational books.
- [26:25] Words of wisdom for pursuing a dream, and what to look for in your company’s lawyer.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Empower Cocktails
- Dress For Success
- Voss Foundation
- Kicked It In Heels
- The Path to Power (The Years of Lyndon B. Johnson, Volume 1) by Robert A. Caro
- Memoirs by David Rockefeller
- The Autobiography of Quincy Jones by Quincy Jones
Disclaimer: The information contained in the Startup LAWnchpad Podcast and any materials associated therewith (the “Podcast”), is for educational and informational purposes only. The Podcast does not constitute legal advice or tax advice with respect to any particular circumstance. The Podcast is not a complete overview or analysis of the topics presented, and may contain information that varies in different jurisdictions and that is subject to revision, interpretation, or nullification after the date of recording. The transmission of information to you does not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any host, guest, or their respective employer, including but not limited to Fordham University School of Law and Lincoln Square Legal Services, Inc. None of these parties shall be liable for any loss that may arise from any reliance on the Podcast. You should not rely upon the Podcast or treat it as a substitute for legal advice. You should consult a lawyer familiar with your particular circumstances and licensed in your jurisdiction for legal advice.
Startup LAWnchpad is a new podcast that helps bridge the gap between entrepreneurs and their legal needs. This podcast is a series of virtual legal workshops that will educate entrepreneurs about legal issues they commonly face as they develop, launch and grow their business.