- [:30] Jared Arcari introduces himself as a Fordham Law student under the direction of Professor Bernice Grant.
- [1:27] An overview of privacy policies, their importance and the risk of not having one.
- [5:29] CalOPPA requirements and how they affect businesses in every state.
- [7:53] Third-party requirements and notifications subject to the Shine the Light Law and COPPA.
- [11:05] Additional sources of federal and state privacy law liability.
Disclaimer: The information contained in the Startup LAWnchpad Podcast and any materials associated therewith (the “Podcast”), is for educational and informational purposes only. The Podcast does not constitute legal advice or tax advice with respect to any particular circumstance. The Podcast is not a complete overview or analysis of the topics presented, and may contain information that varies in different jurisdictions and that is subject to revision, interpretation, or nullification after the date of recording. The transmission of information to you does not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any host, guest, or their respective employer, including but not limited to Fordham University School of Law and Lincoln Square Legal Services, Inc. None of these parties shall be liable for any loss that may arise from any reliance on the Podcast. You should not rely upon the Podcast or treat it as a substitute for legal advice. You should consult a lawyer familiar with your particular circumstances and licensed in your jurisdiction for legal advice.
Startup LAWnchpad is a new podcast that helps bridge the gap between entrepreneurs and their legal needs. This podcast is a series of virtual legal workshops that will educate entrepreneurs about legal issues they commonly face as they develop, launch and grow their business.