Season Two: Episode Seven – The road to entrepreneurship – risks, investing, and transitioning from a corporate setting to the startup world.
Episode Description: Nevin Chetry (Fordham Law ’19) interviews Rob Sanchez (Fordham Law ’14), CEO of MouthMedia Network and Lois Herzeca, COO of MouthMedia Network to discuss the path and risks founders take to start a company.
- [:31] Introducing Nevin Chentry, Rob Sanchez, Lois Herzeca and MouthMedia Network.
- [3:30] Transitioning legal skills from corporate law to the startup culture.
- [6:05] Recognizing when legal work should be delegated.
- [9:02] Rob’s decision to attend law school without intending to become a lawyer.
- [12:27] Questions entrepreneurs need to ask themselves when raising venture capital.
- [14:13] What venture capital investors are looking for in startups.
- [20:15] Balancing your vision for your startup with best business decisions.
- [26:22] Lois’s transition from corporate law to a startup.
- [29:42] Evaluating risk when considering a startup.
- [34:40] Rob and Lois’s advice for their younger entrepreneurial selves.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Disclaimer: The information contained in the Startup LAWnchpad podcast and any materials associated therewith (the “Podcast”), is for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or tax advice with respect to any particular circumstance. The Podcast is not a complete overview or analysis of the topics presented, and may contain information that varies in different jurisdictions and is subject to revision, interpretation, or nullification after the date of recording. The transmission of information to you does not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any host, guest, or their respective employer, including but not limited to Fordham University School of Law and Lincoln Square Legal Services, Inc. None of these parties shall be liable for any loss that may arise from any reliance on the Podcast. You should not rely upon the Podcast or treat it as a substitute for legal advice. You should consult a lawyer familiar with your particular circumstances and licensed in your jurisdiction for legal advice.
Startup LAWnchpad is the podcast that educates entrepreneurs about forming, growing, and protecting a startup. Startup LAWnchpad is produced by the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at Fordham University School of Law in New York City.